21.6.14

*Black*Grey*Whites* ~ #1 & #2

Oops ~ another deviation from my usual palette! Today I'd like to share two works in progress with you. (Mainly because I've got too many wips & therefore little finished stuff to show you...) Both projects are actually two or three months old, I have not been able to do a lot of crocheting or blogging recently. Hence a post about the wips!

ByHaafner, crochet, blanket, work in progress, ByHaafner, crochet, blanket, work in progress,

This my first serious stashbusting attempt. A while ago I decided to hook away all my acrylics I always randomly buy. I started with the blacks and greys in my stash. I crocheted like a maniac for a short while, and somehow abandoned it. Came across it today, pinned it on my studio wall and voilĂ . The idea is to make rectangles in different sizes using different patterns and ultimately sewing or crocheting them together. It's a nice way of trying out some new stitches and patterns. Still have some yarn left from my stash in these colours. I should really finish it soon!

And then there is my second crocheted rug. I wrote about it a few post ago. Another project I worked on very intensively for a short while and then abandoned it. (And of which I only wanted to show the work, but there you go ~ so much for principles, right?) I guess I'm sort of restless right now. Anyways. I made these photo with my phone so I'm afraid the quality is not great. (And I'm wearing socks, aaargh! Very elegant indeed...) But I think I like this rug-in-progress so I shoud really do an attempt to finish it soon. It's actually such a quick project too.

ByHaafner, crochet, rug, work in progress



By the way, if you are a reader of the lovely Mollie Makes, you might have noticed my crocheted hangers are featured in issue 41. I got my copy yesterday. :-) I'll share a sneak peek here soon. If you'd like to get your hands on a copy, you can get it here.

Thanks for your visit ~ enjoy your weekend!
♦♦♦♦♦♦

10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful works. I love the deviation in your crochet color scheme and the way they all look put together. Great stash busting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see something out of the box from you I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both projects will come out beautifully. I like them! It is something totally different from all the colourful blankets you can adore in the net. I appreciate your crochet work very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Viola, Thanks so much for your kind words - and for your visit of course! Haafner

      Delete
  4. Mmm - I like that larger rectangle with the subtle diamond mesh pattern! Also love the one with the black edging. Interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stel! I found the pattern for diamond pattern a while ago via pinterest. Let me know if you're interested in the link. I should be able to find it again... ;-) I hope! Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  5. Love the blanket! It's a very interesting pattern.. for the next blanket I will do!:::Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your stash buster swatches. I've only been crocheting a little while and I think I'm picking everything up pretty quick. I'm really glad I found your blog as its got tonnes of wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete