2.7.14

Polkadots

Recently I showed you the two black*grey*white projects I've got on my hooks. Today I'd like to share two other works in progress (yep, they add up!) which also have a theme in common. Polkadots. Oh, how I love dots!

The first one is going to be my holiday project: mindless crocheting in the round and round and round. Mmm... I'm using the lovely cotton yarn I scored in Thailand last winter. You might recall my quest for cotton there. ;-)

ByHaafner, yarn, cotton
After much thinking what I wanted to make with this yarn, I decided on a polkadot-turned-into-a-square blanket. I searched online, I searched in my books - and I did find many lovely patterns - but I couldn't find the solid polkadot-in-square (without any corner gaps) I had in mind. So I had to come up with something else. It took some frogging, but I think I now have something that will work for this blanket. The challenge was to keep the circle actually round while turning the whole piece into a square. Okay, that sounds weird. Like redefining maths. But I guess (I hope) you know what I mean... Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with my solution. I'll have to see whether it still works when piecing the whole blanket together though... If so, I'll share it here of course!

ByHaafner, crochet, wip, circles,


ByHaafner, crochet, wip, circles,
That will take a while though. For now I only have this small stack of circles. Yarn cakes turned into a yarn cupcake.... I'll have to crochet quite a few circles to get the desired size blanket.

ByHaafner, crochet, wip, circles,


And then there is this other polkadot project: a scarf combining cotton (blue) and bamboo (greyish) with a dye dip effect. Not suitable to take with me on a holiday: it would mess up the carefully laid out order of the minidots. ;-)

ByHaafner, crochet, wip, mini dots, bamboo, cotton

































(BTW What's up with all the blue?!)

I'm afraid this doesn't give a complete oversight of the projects I've got dangling from my hooks. Oh my. How are you doing Wip-Wise? Are you a less impulsive crocheter - and/or a better planner than I am? ;-)

Thanks for dropping by. I really love your visits! Have a great day.
♦♦

26 comments:

  1. Wow those are both beautiful projects! Well done on getting the look you wanted for the blanket - that yarn is gorgeous by the way. And the scarf looks amazing, what a great idea :) My WIPs are also blankets and scarves! I have yet to finish a blanket, but maybe before the end of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen & yay for blankets and scarfs! I love making them!

      Delete
  2. That cotton is beautiful! I'm absolutely terrible at finishing projects, so yes, I've got quite a few of them on the hooks. Two blankets in the making (one of which is just about finished but has been lying around for about half a year now, and I just can't get myself to crochet those two last rows), three bunting projects that need weaving in and blocking, a pair of half finished slippers, and two bunches of granny squares that are waiting to be turned into 'something'. I really should finish at least one of them, but with the weather getting colder here in Sydney, I need some wrist warmers. (If only I could crochet myself some discipline...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Saartje, thanks for your comment. I'm glad I'm not alone in my seemingly endless list of wip's... BTW: I love the 'crochet myself some discipline'! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Love your circle blanket, I too have a circle blanket lurking somewhere in my WIP's!!
    Your little blue circles are beautiful, love the shades of blue, it will make a gorgeous scarf. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your circle blanket! It is fun making, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Ohmygosh these projects look amazing!! And again, blown away by your wonderful colour choices. Making a square out of a circle is indeed very tricky.. I tried a couple of weeks ago but the circle keeps bulging like I have too little stitches. All looks well after blocking though, so yay! :) I'm excited to see your further progress.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment! Yay for blocking indeed! I have made some progress: I have two small stacks now. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Oh, these are both going to be so beautiful!! Love all the blues!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your crochet polka dots theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors are! what combination so perfect! how harmony!
    I want to see the final result of the blanket and scarf!
    I wish you a good holiday!
    Kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cristina - hugs from The Netherlands!

      Delete
  8. Oh I love those colours :-)
    Tracey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauriful combination of colours. The polka dot scarf will look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely soft colours. I am trying to finish a capelet, by cherry heart right now. I also have a metre long section of a peace scarf to finish, it's supposed to be pink, but I just can't do it all in pink!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The capelet sounds amazing - as does the peace scarf! Happy weekend!

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful yarn and colours!! My eyes like to look at these delicious pictures of you:) And I love the tiny polka dots, suppose they are a little addictive to make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, thank you & yes, they are kind of addictive to make!

      Delete
  12. Prachtig de poederige kleurtjes.
    Groetjes,
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely cotton, where can I get hold of this cotton? lovely stuff you do. Thanks Charlotte

    ReplyDelete