24.12.14

Pastels do Lisboa

Not sure if this title is correct Portuguese... [Update: I'm informed it's not. ;-) It should have been Tons pastel de Lisboa. Thanks for pointing me to the correct wording!] I very recently came back (again!) from a stay in Lisbon and was (again!) totally inspired by the amazing light and the gorgeous colours everywhere. Pastels mainly!

I did my usual tour of retrosaria's (yarn & haberdashery shops). I bought this organic cotton yarn called For Nature (from the Portuguese brand Rosários4) and a piece of this most lovely flowered cotton (here in the background), in matching colours.

ByHaafner, organic cotton yarn, For Nature, Rosários4, flowers, pastels


When I was there I crocheted this doily. The pattern is not mine but from a Japanese crochet book. (I'm sorry, I don't have the title.)

ByHaafner, crochet, doily, pastel, Japanese crochet
This is where I got my inspiration from colourwise... (I did not bring my camera, so here is a compilation of snapshots I took with my phone.)

ByHaafner, pastel, colours, Lisbon

ByHaafner, pastel, colours, Lisbon


ByHaafner, pastel, colours, Lisbon

ByHaafner, pastel, colours, Lisbon



























I could certainly see this colours in my crochet. :-) What a lovely and inspiring city Lisbon is. Wonderful! I have another post lined up about it... (And I am planning to go back there for even more inspiration. Ha!)

 Many thanks for your kind visit... I wish you lovely, animal friendly, crafty and stress free days!


16 comments:

  1. Your doily is so cute. Love the hearts! Happy Holidays if you celebrate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your kindness. I hope you had lovely Holidays!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I love your photos, such amazing colours! Of course they even look better when the sky is blue!!!
    I love your doily! <3
    Have a nice xmas!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that gorgeous blue sky... ;-)
      Thanks and same to you!

      Delete
  3. I have heard from others that Lisbon is a beautiful place to visit, that it is filled with glorious inspiration for creative folks.

    This post of yours certainly adds to that impression.

    Many thanks and best seasonal holiday wishes to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frances,
      Thanks very much for your kind, supportive words! I can definitely recommend a stay in Lisbon... Happy holidays to you!
      xhaafner

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colors and doily!! Merry Christmas! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for kind comment Heather!
      Happy Holidays to you!
      xhaafner

      Delete
  5. Lisboa….. I have to go there !!!! It's a couple of years that I'm thinking about it….. Your pics are so yummy good!!!! ;oD
    Enjoy the Christmas Holidays,
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alessandra! And yes - do go there! I'll meet you there. ;-)
      xhaafner

      Delete
  6. Hi, I'm Portuguese and I also love Lisbon. You don't know write in Portuguese and I can't write in English, I just know some words, but wanted to leave a little comment. I think the title for your post would be "Tons pastel de Lisboa". :) I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your kind words and the information about the language! That's very helpful. One day I hope to speak a bit of Portuguese myself, but for now I can only dream about that... ;-)
      All best, Haafner

      Delete
  7. Great pics, thanks for sharing! *** Merry Christmas!! ***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and very happy holidays to you too!
      xhaafner

      Delete
  8. Mooie doily en mooie kleuren!! Nog een fijn 2015 toegewenst!!

    Groetjes van Ellebel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful city and colour choice! Pati x

    ReplyDelete